Change

Zeldagirl01's New Mod App

Discussion in 'Mod Applications' started by Zeldagirl01, Mar 7, 2018.

1. Zeldagirl01

Zeldagirl01 Deku Scrub

Hey everybody :link:

Minecraft Username: Zeldagirl01
    Time Zone: Eastern Standard Time (GMT 5)
    Why I want to be a mod: I was a mod for a couple years on here, and I loved it. I really like just playing and talking to everybody, but I love being able to help the server grow and keep things in order. I miss it, and I'd love to be able to help out again, especially considering the massive loss of staff recently.

Do I have a good understanding of the command a mod uses: Definitely. Again, I was mod for a long time and became very comfortable with Coreprotect, the banning commands, kicking, etc. I've also been rereading the commands, specifically Coreprotect, recently to make sure I really remember how to do it properly.

Will I be calm, mature, and trustworthy: Of course, I think I'm certainly much more mature now then I was when I was first on the server and was first mod. I can be silly and goof around with people, but when I need to take care of any issues I can get serious really fast.

Questions:

Someone's house has been griefed, what do you do?:
    I would use coreprotect, by first enabling it with /co inspect, and then right clicking on the griefed areas. Then I would use /co rollback to restore the blocks broken by the player. To rollback, I would do, for example, /co rollback u:Zeldagirl01 t:10h r:20. In this case, the user griefed 10 hours ago, and in a 20 block radius, and using the command would restore all griefs in that radius and time span. After it's fixed, I would then punish the user, by some sort of ban. There's no defined banning period for every user, and it would depend on if they had previous offenses-in which case they would be tempbanned for a longer time or a permanent ban- and if they griefed a lot of blocks, or a small amount of blocks. If it was just, say, 5 blocks, and it was their first infraction, they would probably just receive a warning. If they grieved just a massive amount of blocks, they would receive a longer tempban, or possibly a permaban.

Some users are arguing, what do you do?: First, I would try to calm them down and stop the argument. If they continued to argue and got more vicious, I would kick all the users involved, by using /kick Zeldagirl01 Arguing/ Another reason. If they continue again, I would mute them for 5-10 minutes, using /mute Zeldagirl01 Continuing to argue/ another reason. If they still persist, they will receive a temp ban for maybe a few hours or a day, using /tempban Zeldagirl01 5h Arguing. If they continue to cause trouble after returning from their tempban, I will up the tempban, and probably consider a permaban afterward, as to keep trouble and unnecessary hate out of ZeldaCraft.

A user is hurling abusive language at you, what do you do?: I would try to calm them down at first, and if they continue, or are using slurs of some sort, I would mute them for 10 minutes, and put them in jail for the same length of time. Afterward, if it continues, I would warn them again, and then tempban them for an hour or two. Then, a 1 day ban, and if they persist after all of that, I would likely have to tempban for a week, or a permaban depending on how bad it has gotten, using /ban Zeldagirl01 Continual abuse.

Someone enters another person's house without their permission, what do you do?: I would give them a warning and ask them to leave, and rollback any damage caused. If they did a larger amount of damage or continue to do it, I would jail them for 20 minutes with /jail Zeldagirl01 cellname 20m. If the problem continues, I would tempban them for half the day, and after that, a day or two. Next, they would likely receive a permaban.

Thank you all for reading, I'm happy to be back :link:
    -Zeldagirl01/01Zeldagirl

nasfi likes this.
  2. Kozuta

Kozuta Simply Shameless

My vote: Yes
    You've got past experience as staff, and know the commands.
    punishments seem quite fair.
    As well as the fact that you've been quite pleasant to be around on the server. :link:

Zeldagirl01 likes this.
  3. Bugalet

Bugalet Old Timer

You and I certainly have changed a lot since we were first mod hah.
    I like your app overall. I would've liked to have seen a 'ban chart' like this:
    1-10 blocks: warning
    11-20: this punishment
    etc. That's a nitpick though so it won't really affect my decision. You've grown a lot since the first time you were staff and have shown that you're more qualified than ever now. My vote is Yes.

Zeldagirl01 likes this.
  4. nasfi

nasfi Soufla Staff Member

I don't think I have to say anything else, what needed to be said has already been said.

Ye

Zeldagirl01 likes this.
  5. Gamerguy

Gamerguy Normie Staff Member

Wow! Sorry I missed this. Great app, yes from me!

Zeldagirl01 likes this.
  6. TravisTouchdown

TravisTouchdown Dori-Kin Staff Member

Such a shame to see you being inactive, otherwise I'd say yes too

7. nasfi

nasfi Soufla Staff Member

@sergann Please do not reply to moderator apps/trusted apps if you're not a staff member.