Change

ZC stats Triforce pieces

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by DCaff95, Jan 23, 2015.

1. DCaff95

DCaff95 Triforce Disciple

I had a thought; wouldn't it be fun if we gave a triforce to whichever player had the most power, wisdom or courage? A small indication would show up beside their name in chat, like a rank. Whoever kills this player gains their triforce piece(s) or if they die due to mobs etc their piece is given to the next highest ranking player. Bearers of the triforce could get a unique spell only they could use, (possibly at the cost of zc stats?) That would help them protect their piece. Players who gather all 3 pieces could 'wish' for certain in game items of some kind or some kind of wish (within reason) the staff could preform. This could add a lot of extra fun to pvp/ survival and give more incentive to gather zc stats.

2. KxWarrior

KxWarrior Wot r u dern in mah swemph

I like the idea, but how would we manage the plugin? Sounds like something almost completely custom.

3. Mergu

Mergu Drowning Staff Member

I feel like instead of only one person holding one piece of each triforce, every player has the chance to get it when their power, wisdom, or courage reaches a certain level (say 10,000) or even through quests. They would only be able to have one piece of the triforce enabled at all times and that piece could give a bonus, or heck, even an animation! All staff members would be given all 3 pieces of the triforce as a little bonus for our service.

That's if this is even possible though.

DarkMarshal likes this.
  4. DarkMarshal

DarkMarshal Disneylandlord of your intellectual property

[​IMG]

On a side note, I think people should hide little secret things on the builds world. Might reward people for exploring them ;)

DCaff95 likes this.
  5. GreyCollared

GreyCollared Ancient Sage

I would say yes to this, but only because I prolly have some of ze highest stats of anyone currently. :p

6. vayanui8

vayanui8 Senior Bracer

I'd say it would all depend on how it could be programmed. As it is I think this could be a good idea in the future but we should focus on stability for now

7. DCaff95

Yeah basically just an extention of the class plugin as well as ZC stats.
    giving it to loads of people kinda defeats the purpose, it should be something sought and fought for, even for staff

DarkMarshal likes this.
  8. DarkMarshal

I think I have to agree with DCaff, only one of each for the server would be much cooler :) plus the bragging rights if you get one lel

9. vayanui8

vayanui8 Senior Bracer

I think thatd lead to alot of time wasting. the best way to get courage is to just punch a bunch of sugarcane, so I could see it amounting to that. Giving it at a hard to obtain standard would probably work out better

10. Mergu

If it's only for one person those of us that have been here for months or years will keep and maintain it while newer players won't stand a chance, thus defeating the purpose. Plus you have to remember there's exploits to get every one of those stats up while either rapid clicking or going afk. I'm not in support of that.

11. GreyCollared

GreyCollared Ancient Sage

As many people know already, I've been doing this for shits and giggles (Wisdom at 25,000 and counting) and I agree with what you're saying. Either myself, or someone not affected by the reset (if anyone still isn't) would, at least at first, recieve 2-3 pieces of the triforce anyway, so only three being given out according to the highest stats would mean one to three players just not PVPing anymore and hording them.

12. DarkMarshal

I think to combat that just have it slightly separate from the stats. Maybe you have to have a certain amount, but then you actually have to do something worthwhile and challenging to get one. Maybe the admins could make some challenge thing, I dunno.

13. Mark

Mark Admin Staff Member

i'm looking to make some decent changes to the RPG system and the stats might well be removed in favour of something else. You would still have dungeon/secret/pvp points, but ultimately I want to replace power/courage/wisdom with something more fun

vayanui8, DCaff95, brenkren and 2 others like this.
  14. DCaff95

You guys seem to have some problems with the initial gifting of the triforce and unfairness, once the player holding it dies (even /suicide) it'll be passed on, and i think the perks you get from having it, depleat your stats, so you won't always have the highest. Also i think if a player hasnt logged in after a set time it should be passed on
    Sounds good, what exatcly did you have in mind?

15. horcrux2007

horcrux2007 Beyonce

Horrible idea since I already have the triforce.

This idea is actually really good can we please have this

16. vayanui8

vayanui8 Senior Bracer

How would they get it back again though? Would you only be able to get it once or would it just rotate between 2 plays when they died

17. Mergu

Still sounds confusing and lopsided towards those at the top of the ZC 'foodchain'

I'm excited to see what may lie ahead of us in the future with our system~

18. PicaroRob

PicaroRob Triforce Sage

Idk if this was said already, but perhaps if someone else gets higher in that stat than the triforce owner, then the triforce moves to that player instead?

19. Mergu

Yeah it was. Every stat can be exploited is the problem.

GreyCollared likes this.
  20. LunaEostre

LunaEostre Fated Forerunner

What if instead of making it purely stat based, we add something similar to a skill tree system, but with quests. Like, there would be a series of quests built around each piece of the Triforce, and you must complete each quest to get the piece associated with those quests. And you could complete multiple quest trees, but you can only hold one piece at a time. Which piece you hold would depend on which final quest you finished last. And honestly, I think that multiple people should be able to hold a piece, because it would give everyone a reason to try the quests. What fun would it be if only the first person to complete the quests got a reward? ;)