Change

YoYo's Mod App

Discussion in 'Mod Applications' started by YoYo188, Mar 18, 2019.

1. YoYo188

YoYo188 Hylian Citizen

Your minecraft username: YoYo188

Time Zone (GMT+?):
    GMT+2

Why do you want to be a mod: I first thought of applying a few years ago but i realized that i was content as being the way i was and i didn't think i could carry the responsibilities even the smaller things as Staff meetings by voice or video chat i could only do so by text (the only by text thing still applies if that's not an issue), but i now want to be something more, i've been here for 5 years, and i feel that i am now ready for the responsibility and want to help the ZC community with more than just building (of course, building will probably continue)

Do you have a good understanding of the commands a mod uses: I didn't when i first starting writing this Mod app, but after looking up how said commands work i now do have a good understanding of the commands a Mod uses while i may not always remember how to use said commands (my mind could be wandering or something though i doubt this would happen) i can always look up the function of a command if i forget it.

Will you be responsible, calm, mature, and trustworthy:
    Yes, while i'm usually quite cheery as well as joke a lot, if necessary i can become serious in an instant.

1. Someone's house has been griefed, what do you do?

It Depends on the severity of the grief.

If it's a 1-10 block grief with common building blocks such as Cobblestone, Wood, etc. i would only warn the player.

With bigger griefs with rarer or common blocks these are the punishements that i would use.

10-20 blocks: 1 hour in jail

20-50 blocks: 1 day tempban

50-70 blocks: 2 days tempban

70-100 blocks: a week tempban

100+ blocks: permban or put the player in jail, if said player is online so that
    they can't do anymore damage anywhere while discussing the punishment with
    other staff members.

2. Some users are arguing, what do you do?

If it's a light argument i'll just ask them politely to stop, if they both don't stop they'll be muted for 10 minutes if one person keeps going i'll mute said person for 10 minutes, once their mute is lifted if they continue arguing and causing drama on the server i would mute them both for 1 hour. If they continue yet again after that it'll be a 1 hour tempban. And if they continue the argument by /msg i'll tempban one or both of the persons for 45 minutes.

3. A user is hurling abusive language at you, what do you do?

Depending on the abusive language i'll either ask them to stop or if they're disrespecting not only me but the other players on line at the moment i would mute them. If they continue insulting me via /msg i'll just ignore their messages (not with /ignore just ignoring what they're writing)

4. Someone enters another person's house without their permission, what do you do?

I would ask that person to kindly leave the house. If he does not listen i'll tp said player to spawn, if the player goes there again the player would be jailed for 1, if once they're let out they again go there they would be tempbanned for 1 hour though if the player who owns the house is inside and gets killed repeatedly i would tempban the player for a day, if by some odd miracle none of these punishments seem to work i would jail the player if they attempt to get inside of the house again and discuss what to do with the other staff members, if none are online (on the server or discord) i would keep them jailed until one could be contacted.

Well that about does it, i thank you for your consideration

YoYo188

Last edited: Mar 24, 2019
  2. greenleeuw

greenleeuw Hylian Knight

eventhough the punishment are "weak" (i suggest u to look at other mod apps and responses of them) its a solid mod app hereby i give you yes #1

3. Ichikuro

Ichikuro Bow wow. I am dog.

You too Get a yes from me.

4. YoYo188

YoYo188 Hylian Citizen

Ok, well i just checked and judging by other Mod apps i can see how my punishments are quite "weak". When/if i exact a punishment i'll be a little more severe.

5. nasfi

nasfi Soufla

Firstly I'd like to see you list what commands you know so far and what you know they do.

Punishments are in some places quite weak, and you jump from two days to a week, then from a week to a perm, plus you didn't list how you're going to 'fix' said grief.

Also I think it would be better if you tried to resolve said argument, politely, instead of muting them

6. YoYo188

YoYo188 Hylian Citizen

Ok well the commands i know are:

/jail (jail's a player for a specific amount of time) There's only one thing i'm not clear of, for the example it says /jail [username] [time] jail, could you clarify what the 2nd jail is for? Are there multiple jails? That's the one thing i didn't understand.

/unjail (removes said player from jail)

/tempban (bans a player for a specific amount of time)

/ban (bans a player permanently)

/banip (bans the ip of a player so said player can't log on anymore even with alts)

/unban (unbans a player)

/unbanip (unbans a player that's been ip banned)

/mute (mutes a player for a certain amount of time)

/co inspect (Enters you into inspect mode, you can click a block or place one in a space to see who placed it and when)

/co rollback (Rolls back the damage done by a player, username, radius and time have to be specified)

As to how i would fix the grief, i would first use /co inspect to check out the damage (who placed/broke a block, etc.) then use /co rollback to repair the damage, as well as then punish the player who griefed, depending on the severity of the grief.

About the weak punishments, yeah greeny brought that to my attention but dw i checked other apps and i realised how my punishments are weak in comparision.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2019
    nasfi likes this.
  7. YoYo188

YoYo188 Hylian Citizen

I was just looking around my app again when i realized while i explained which commands i know, i forgot about my weak punishments, so here are some revised punishments:

If it's a 1-10 block grief with common and cheap blocks, i would jail the player for 1 hour.

With bigger griefs and more important blocks, the punishments follow the same pattern

10-20 blocks: 1 day tempban

20-50 blocks: 3 day tempban

50-70 blocks: 5 days tempban

70-100 blocks: a week tempban

100-150 blocks: 2 weeks tempban

150+ blocks: permban

P.S: I also just looked at DarkLinkArisen's Mod app and i was reminded about a command i had completely forgotten about.
    /socialspy (Once enabled, it shows all ongoing private messages to the person who used it)

Last edited: Mar 27, 2019
  8. nasfi

nasfi Soufla

those are 10 blocks upload_2019-3-25_19-46-13.png
    that's quite harsh

9. YoYo188

YoYo188 Hylian Citizen

Oh god, i didn't realize just how small that is. In that case i make one final modification to my punishment: if it's a 1-10 block grief i would only warn the player.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2019
  10. YoYo188

YoYo188 Hylian Citizen

*bump*