Change

What is your favorite Legend of Zelda game?

Discussion in 'Legend of Zelda Discussion' started by kenziebrown, Jul 14, 2016.

?

What is your favorite Legend of Zelda game?

1. The Legend of Zelda

2. Zelda II: The Adventure of Link

3. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

4. The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening

5. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

6. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

7. The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages

8. The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons

9. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past & Four Swords

10. other

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. kenziebrown

kenziebrown Ginger

Yeah, exactly what the title says. It'd be great if you could also give a reason as well. My personal fave is A Link Between Words because out of the very few Zelda games I've had the privilege of playing, this has had by far the best mix of soundtrack, gameplay, and story I have experienced. I was not able to fit all of the survey and a survey monkey would be a hassle to create on the phone I'm currently using so simply put 'other' for all the other games. If you are not ok with this, keep in mind you can still make a post with the name of the game in this thread. If you're still not ok with this then please file a complaint to idon'treallycare@gmail.com. Thank you

2. Feverish

Feverish Bulma appreciation

Majora's Mask because it was my first and because it had a darker world to it, and I like darker stuff. I liked Twilight Princess a lot for that but it comes second

3. LunaEostre

LunaEostre Fated Forerunner

I loved MM mostly for its massive amount of sidequests, and I loved the gimmicks of the masks and such

WW comes in for a close second tho

4. Beedle

Beedle Nautical Trader

<

YukkiRose and kenziebrown like this.
  5. Konata

Konata Waifu

Super Mario Brothers.

kenziebrown likes this.
  6. Feverish

Feverish Bulma appreciation

[​IMG]

Konata likes this.
  7. PicaroRob

PicaroRob Triforce Sage

Skyward Sword. Amazing story, I loved the gameplay, each area felt great to me, the dungeons were fantastic, the bosses were fantastic (except for tentalus and the imprisoned), it just felt perfect to me.

8. YukkiRose

YukkiRose King of Hyrule

Wind Waker, without a doubt. It had a powerful story, an excellent drive, and the best soundtrack out of all the Zeldas imo. The art style was cute and really contrasted with the dark undertone the story provided. The kingdom of Hyrule is now ruins under the ocean, the very kingdom players fought to save in previous installments. The fact that the bad guys essentially won in their attempt to bring ruin to the kingdom is a pretty strong emotional force to me. The survivors ended up washed away upon islands, mere shards of how beautiful and vast the kingdom once was.

The fact that this Link was a comical underdog, winning out of sheer luck, skill, and smart and clever thinking. This version of Link wasn't fulfilling any destiny, he was carving his own future just to save his own sister. He was just an ordinary boy, not some destined hero awakening to save the kingdom. It was made very clear that he was not related to the Hero at all but had to step up if he wanted to stop Ganondorf from burning away what was left of Hyrule and to save his beloved sister.

In past installments, it was usually the forest-based dungeon that was the tutorial/first dungeon. But in Wind Waker, we scaled a mountain with twisting paths that went inside and outside the crater just to see why the dragon atop the volcano was upset and to save Medli. The first boss was a lot more intimidating than other first dungeon bosses. In SS, sure, we fought a flamboyant demon man for a first boss. In OoT we fought a spider that was actually probably the easiest fight in all of Zelda. In Majora's Mask Oldowa was a giant tribal warrior and that probably scared some kids. In Minish Cap we fought a regularly sized Chu Chu because we were tiny at the time. In Phantom Hourglass, we fought a fire wizard. Spirit Tracks offered a giant hornet. ALBW offered Yuga.

When your first boss is a giant lava arachnid with armor and spits fire, you know you'd be screwed if it weren't for the option of bringing down the ceiling to break the arachnid's armor. even if it's your thirteenth time playing WW, this fight would still be fun.

Speaking of bosses, Wind Waker had a different theme for each boss, and this was a first for the Zelda series. Not only were the boss themes catchy and memorable enough to listen to them again on youtube, but the fights themselves except for the giant ghost like what were pretty memorable. The giant flower that swallowed Makar always had you running to avoid it's vines while looking for opportunities to strike, Gohdan was a fun ripoff of other Nintendo bosses, and Molgera was probably the most fun to fight. Molgera's theme is really popular and arguably the best soundtrack in the entire game. And then... Ganondorf himself.

It's the first time in Zelda history when players actually got to fight sword to dual swords with the main villain of the entire series. I'm excluding the OoT fight with beast Ganon because he became a monster to fight you and you had to attack his tail. In Wind Waker, it's fair game, blade to blades. Zelda even joined the fight to help you take down the man who was responsible for the kidnapping of Aryll, the destruction and drowning of Hyrule, the very kingdom you fought for in previous games, and almost bringing ruin to the land above. The ocean is pouring in all around you, as if it were to drown you all any moment. You, the player, were overwhelmed by how powerful the man himself was. He hit hard and it only got harder to strike him. In a last ditch effort,

[​IMG]

You impale Ganondorf down to his lungs. Might I add, including a technique Orca taught you at the very beginning of the game.

Not even Twilight Princess with the heart stabbing was this brutal. Yeah, Wind Waker isn't dark, all right.

oh wow I accidentally wrote an entire essay

oops

9. MasterofZelda14

MasterofZelda14 Hylian Knight

Majora's Mask, for the story, side quest, and the fact that you can become a freaking god (Or Demon, depending on translation)

10. kenziebrown

kenziebrown Ginger

Not to mention you can do this

11. GreyCollared

GreyCollared Ancient Sage

TP and OoT for memories, then MM from an unbiased viewpoint.

kenziebrown likes this.
  12. DONtheDINOSAUR

DONtheDINOSAUR Deku Scrub

Stop being inapropiet in Minecraft

13. Mythic444

Mythic444 Hylian Citizen

how about windwaker?

14. YoYo188

YoYo188 Hylian Citizen

Personally my favorite (3d) Zelda game is Twilight Princess, 2d is another story , that would be Minish Cap

15. ismart22

ismart22 Hylian Citizen

Ocarina of Time is a treat!
    already I consider this game as the best !
    I love the great landscapes the music this game is full of memories ...
    to have EMERGENCY!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mini Militia App Lock 7Zip

Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
  16. Chad

Chad Deku Scrub

CGI zelda because its a good meme