Change

TheDewGee's Moderator Application

Discussion in 'Mod Applications' started by Mythic444, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Mythic444

Mythic444 Hylian Citizen

My Name.) TheDewGee

Timezone.) (MDT)

Age.) 16

The reason why I would wish to become a Moderator.)

Throughout the 2 years I’ve been on ZeldaCraft, I have never once gotten bored of the server. I’ve always enjoyed my time on the ZeldaCraft, and have especially enjoyed the people I have met, and gotten to know throughout the server. By becoming a moderator I would try greatly to give the server a better environment, in whatever ways possible. I’ve always had a love for helping people, and have quite a lot of spare time I could spend doing so. It would also give me a chance to give back to the server. I know I’ve messed up in the past . . . and I’ve messed up A LOT. I’ve made many mistakes in my apps, as well as in the server. Before I couldn’t see what it really meant to be part of staff. And from then I have greatly changed. I only ask if you could possibly consider giving me another shot at becoming a Moderator.

Have you had staff experience in the past?

In the past I have had staff experience on 2 different servers. Both Moderators. I’ve always enjoyed being a Moderator in the past, because it gave me the opportunity to help others. If I was a moderator on ZeldaCraft, I would commit and try to the best of my ability to create a better environment for ZeldaCraft, as well as make the server stronger from hackers and other threats such as grief.

Do you have a good understanding of the commands a Moderator uses?

Yes! I have tried hard to learn the commands as a Moderator for quite a while now. And believe through my past experiences I have started to get the hang of it. All of the necessary commands of which I know, are listed below.)

1. (Core Protect)

/co restore /Username/ /Time/ /Radius

(Co restore= Restoring a certain area to a previous time in the past. Radius being in blocks from around you, and time is the period of time you would like to transfer the present to. Sometimes used to undo greif.)

/co inspect

(/co inspect= turn on the ability to see who removed or placed blocks in the past by left clicking on the object of which you would like to view the history of.)

/co rollback /Username/ /Time/ /Radius/

(/co rollback= to restore a previous state in the past. Time being the period of time of which you would like to restore the certain area to. Radius being the blocks from you.)

/co lookup=

(/co lookup= lookup history of the block or certain people who may have used the block.)

/co help

(/co help= to find the forgotten parameters, or the forgotten name of one of the Core Commands.)

2.) Other necessary commands.)

/kick/ /Username/ /Reason/

(/kick= kind of like a warning, kicks a user from the server for a certain reason such as spam.)

/Ban

(/Ban/ /Username/ /Reason/ Permanently bans a user from the server.)

/Tempban/ /Name/ /Time/

(/Tempban= Temporary ban for a player for a specific amount of time.)

/Banip/ /I.P/ /Name/

(/Banip= Bans an ip from the server meaning if the player has another account no matter what they cant join the server on that ip address.)

/Unbanip/ /I.P/ /Name/

(/Unban= Unbans an ip address so they can join again.)

/Unban/ /Name/

(/Unban= Removes a ban from a User who has broken the rules (Most of the time).)

/Mute/ /Name/ /Time/

(/Mute= Mutes a player from the chat for a chosen amount of time.)

/Jail/ /Username/ /Cell Number/ /Time/

(/Jail= Jails a player (who broke the rules) in a small confined place for a chosen amount of time.)

/Unjail/ /Username/

(/Unjail= Unjail a User from their jail cell.)

3.) Everyday Moderator Commands.)

/Fly/

(/Fly= Allows flight to player.)

/Tptoggle/

(/Tptoggle= Turns off and on tp for player. So User cannot accept or can accept requests.)

/Timeset/

(/TimeSet= Set the time of day.)

/Realname/ /Usernick/(Nick= Nickname)

(/Realname= See players true Username!)

/Tp/ /User/

(/Tp= Teleports you to chosen User immediately.)

/Tphere/ /User/

(/Tp= Teleports User to you Immediately.)

/Weather/

(/Weather= User can now control the weather at choice.)

/Socialspy /On/Off/

(/Socialspy= Watch private messages back and forth between 2 Users.)

/Invsee/ /User/

(/Invsee= User can now view the Inventory of a player without their knowledge. (Depending what server your on you may have the option of taking stolen items and or hacked gear.))

Will you be Responsible, Calm, Mature, and Trustworthy?

Ofcourse. I shall take full responsibility for my actions, I will remain calm in every situation of which I handle, I shall treat the matter with full maturity, and shall stay trustworthy with every individual I meet.

Someone's house has been griefed, what do you do?

I would start by tping to them, then I would ask them where the damage was done. Once the User takes me to the location of the grief I would do /co inspect to see which areas where changed and who had done the grieving. Depending on if the grief was small I would give them a tempban of a few days or so, depending upon if this was their first grieving or not the numbers could vary. Of course if it was over 100 blocks it would be a perm ban. After this I would do /co rollback to before the grieving happened. And if the player happened to loose items I would try my best to get them back or give him something out of my own pocket.

Some Users are arguing, what do you do?

Well to start I would ask them why they were arguing, and I would try to resolve the conflict between them. If their conversation is let's say hostile, and they did not stop when I asked. I would mute both of them as a warning, but if that didn’t work I would have to take more drastic measures such as a temp ban, jail, or a longer muting.

A User is hurling abusive language at you, what do you do?

Well to start I would first ask why he was using such language. If I cannot resolve the Users situation and they continue to recklessly swear at me I would mute them as a warning once again and if the situation escalated any further then that I would have no choice but to jail, or even tempban the User.

Someone enters another person's house without their permission, what do you do?

Well like most of these type of situations I would first go to the Users area. Then if no one was there I would check for damaged using /co inspect if there was no damages or stolen items I would tell the user to immediately call staff next time someone breaks in. If the Intruder was still in the premises I would check once again for stolen items and or grief before then asking the intruder to please leave the premises. If the intruder deny's to leave I would then jail, or tempban them depending upon if they grieved or not as well as how much they grieved.

Thanks for reading my Moderator Application :)
    -TheDewGee

Last edited: Aug 7, 2018
  2. nasfi

nasfi Soufla

App vote: No

First things first.
    You have some days that you came back. You were very inactive for quite a while now, though, from what I remember, last time you quit cause of "some people", and you said that you might not come back.

You can't really know if a grief was small or not until you rollback. If it was their first grief or not does not really matter, new people spawn in the rules, not our fault if they don't pay attention. I would like though to see a 'list' of what do you think "[x] blocks = [x] punishment". Though a rollback on the griefer will not rollback their items, so if they say they lost their items with the rollback, they're just lying.
    Your punishments seem a bit harsh, but on the other hand, you're not saying how much would be a warning mute, or in this case how much you'd jail someone for not leaving (which imo you should tp them away if they say no). Also I think this question asks what would you do if you find someone entering a house without someone permission, which is another think I'd like to see.

In the past days that you came back I can see that you've changed a bit, but not as much. I'd like to if you were a bit more honest about stuff, and more mature.

SuSAliens likes this.
  3. SuSAliens

SuSAliens Hylian Citizen

It's a no for me as well.
    Also to add on to what Nasfi said, the commands you put don't follow the actual format of how you would type it out in chat. I would also liked to have seen a template of how many blocks a player griefs before you give a punishment. I.e. 1-5 kick, 6-10 jail, etc.