Change

So, I Propose a New S2

Discussion in 'ZeldaCraft' started by JCondorDoes, Aug 3, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCondorDoes

JCondorDoes Hylian Knight

Hey, so since I've seen complaints and stuff, and since I'm fairly proficient at WorldPainter (any in the discord server would know what I mean), I propose that I could make a new s2, doing the best I can, and addressing as many of the complaints and suggestions as I can actively. Post here complaints about the current s2 and suggestions for a new one, so I can see if I can make a world worthy of being our s2, and maybe accepted by the staff and players alike.

Complaints I've heard thus far, and solutions I may have (please post in thread any that I have not listed here):

-Too much water
    -Easy to solve, I'll just make one or two continents with a little bit of ocean, making a small area actually ocean, and making the world itself mostly land and cool terrain.

-Caves/Resources don't happen
    -Relatively simple, with some testing, I can probably get some vanilla style cave systems along with larger-scale more impressive caves, all together :D

-Leaves don't go away when chopping trees
    -Leaf Decay -> True

Suggestions for the world:

-Ice Spikes/Icey area with packed ice

-Austria/Alps based area

-Fantasy Areas

Planned Areas to be used:

-Lush
    North America Inspired

-Arid
    North Africa Inspired

-Semi-Arid
    African Savannah inspired

-Frigid
    Russia Inspired

-Plains
    American Great Plains inspired

-Mountainous Area
    Austria and the Alps inspired

-Ice Area
    A Combination of Skyrim, Whatever the name of the ice world from Banjo Tooie was called, and Snowhead inspired

-Glaciers
    Inspired by Phendrana Drifts from Metroid Prime 1

I'll probably post screenshots of what I have when I start this project, and throughout the project. I may post small areas for you guys to play around with in Single Player, but I will not post the map as a whole, as that will be a ZeldaCraft-Exclusive experience ; D

So anyway, I will be doing the world regardless, and submitting it to the staff for review, but it would be greatly appreciated if I could get some input on this, and see what everyone has to say about it to make an amazing world.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
    EpicNintendoguy2 and ZeldaFan like this.
  2. ayden425

ayden425 @TheMelonGod

Well I don't go on S2 too much. But I might if you made it ;). I've seen some of your WorldPainter work, and it's phenomenal. I'd be totally fine with seeing s2 being redone.

3. JCondorDoes

Great to hear the support! Its not really a suggestion but thanks XD

4. PicaroRob

PicaroRob Triforce Sage

[​IMG]

gabocore, Klane, ZeldaFan and 2 others like this.
  5. Dead_Artist

Dead_Artist Hylian Citizen

i think that you should have a large ice spikes biome, since the packed ice is very useful. the current one only has a small, ice-ish biome that i am staying in now, and to be completely honest, it sucks so much.

6. Just_Turk

Just_Turk Deku Scrub

Make an area that looks like Austria, Austria or the Alps, they are beautiful places. Also, add some fantasy like areas, because, after all, this server is Legend of Zelda themed, so add areas that make you feel as if you are in the game itself

7. Mergu

Mergu Drowning Staff Member

Only issue is setting leaf-decay to true would make tons of custom trees unusable.

I'll gladly add a new s2 if it can fulfill these goals

DCaff95 and ZeldaFan like this.
  8. JCondorDoes

Alright, will do

9. JCondorDoes

Yeah, so maybe some of the larger trees will be turned off leaf decay? And thanks, glad to hear your support!

10. JCondorDoes

Got it, Thanks!

11. Mergu

............................. leaf decay is per world

12. JCondorDoes

Actually, one of the tools with WP seems to be able to have leaf decay per object, I'll check with it later, but thats what I interpret the way they have leaf decay listed

13. Mergu

oh nice, they must be using special variants of leaves. looking forward to stuff, regardless

14. Mythic444

Mythic444 Hylian Citizen

intresting

15. nasfi

nasfi Soufla

Pls do make that map true, I would be very glad to build in that such of land :D <3

16. JCondorDoes

UPDATE: Very close to starting main preparations, if Mergu or Declan could give me potential world size limits or what the world size (file wise) of the current s2 is, that would be great and make it easier to estimate. Currently I'm considering a 10k by 10k world as it is just under 2GB in world size, seeing as it would be a substantial world and such. Any input would be great, and if members are okay with a world of that size, thanks!

17. Mergu

Yup, go for that. Don't bother with making any ocean or water along the edge, but some natural, branching, rivers would be very nice to have.

18. JCondorDoes

UPDATE: Started working on it, I need you guys for input on what trees to use, and layout of biomes, to the north will be a giant glacier, and that is what I mostly know for sure what I'm going to do haha. (also with the ocean there will be many different islands so don't worry about it :) ) suggestions are much appreciated :D upload_2017-8-13_19-24-28.png

19. Exo Warlock

Exo Warlock King of Hyrule

Sugg: Volcanoes, Cool waterfalls, Gysers.
    Floating Spawn? (Like you start in the sky and fall onto the world, like in a small body of water, or something that won't kill you.)
    Custom Biome Names.
    Thats it for now.

20. BBB

BBB Hylian Citizen

I honestly think that some hidden dungeons would be really cool to implement onto the map. I even made a prototype for one a while ago back in the dungeons world. The general gist is that the dungeons are made entirely out of pink wool and shaped like a massive penis. Signs outside are then placed that say "this dungeon is very HARD lmao". I really think that an addition like this would bring our server one step closer to the amazing zelda theme. Think of all the cool details you could hide inside one of these big boys.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.