Change

Random Teleport command

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by Neemfy, Jun 8, 2017.

1. Neemfy

Neemfy Hylian Citizen

This is just a random Suggestion, but I find it a hard and difficult task to go find things that HAVEN'T been explored by just walking. And it takes forever to get out of the place where people build just out of spawn >.<

2. LunaEostre

LunaEostre Fated Forerunner

You do realize /warp is a thing to get to most places, right? Also, you can use /sethome to set a point that you can warp back to at any time using /home

3. DCaff95

DCaff95 Triforce Disciple

only problem with this is you could be randomly teleported inside soneones build if it is large, which causes all sorts of problems

4. Mark

Mark Admin Staff Member

You could try:
    - Speed potion
    - Teleporting to someone else who is far out in the world
    - Setting a home then returning to it later

kenziebrown likes this.
  5. Neemfy

Neemfy Hylian Citizen

I meant like to get out into the wild quickly.

6. EmberDarkwood

EmberDarkwood God of Hyrule

A command that randomly takes you to a point in the world? It would have to be in the survival worlds, but I know I'd love this. S2 Spawn is a bitch to get out of of; I'm still stuck without a home because I can't get out of spawn. Being able to randomly find a point in S2 via command would solve two problems: getting out of spawn and finding a house.

However, I think this would be difficult to implement with little issues. If it's truly random, you can be placed anywhere from high in the sky to bedrock levels.

7. Mergu

Mergu Drowning Staff Member

I'll implement it for VIPs. Will update on progress once it's made.

8. LunaEostre

LunaEostre Fated Forerunner

Not to mention you could be teleported inside someone's house, but maybe Merg can find a way around that

9. Mergu

i definitely can

EmberDarkwood likes this.
  10. Neemfy

Neemfy Hylian Citizen

Lol
    *Comments about teleporting out of spawn and is implemented for VIPs only*
    Noice

11. EmberDarkwood

EmberDarkwood God of Hyrule

I mean I bought VIP+ recently so I'm good...

12. DCaff95

DCaff95 Triforce Disciple

rly? without having players define the area of their house? guess a house with a roof would be easy to detect. other than that, the spreadplayers command is real nice

13. nasfi

nasfi Soufla

There's only one bad thing about this command; many people don't read the rules and they go and grief almost what ever they find around s1's spawn till they get bored. If defaults have it, they could teleport to a random place that's a quiet fair amount far fro spawn and stumble upon a base, then they'll grief the base. And in the worst case when the player will see that he got griefed, CP could crash and corrupt all that data.

14. Mergu

nasfi, EmberDarkwood and Ms_Orihime like this.
  15. Ms_Orihime

Ms_Orihime Hylian Hero

Beat me to it Merg, dangit

16. nasfi

nasfi Soufla

Oh, i didnt saw it xD