Change

Nick's Builder Application

Discussion in 'Builder Applications' started by Kozuta, Jan 22, 2018.

1. Kozuta

Kozuta Space Cowboy

Hello! I'm Nick, and my in-game username is DetectiveKoz. I've been on ZC since about the middle of June, 2016. Recently I've been heavily enjoying building, and I thought I would make an application, so I could possibly help with server builds. Building makes me happy, so why not be happy and helpful!

As for builds I'd like to help with, I'm up for anything! I haven't really strayed too far from my usual style, but I'm willing to try! (My usual building style is a more medieval based one.)

Build 1: A house I made, and the wonderful @Mac edited my roof to, making it look much better.
    House.png

Build 2: A building that seems best fit as a Tavern/Pub type build.
    Pub or Tavern.png

Build 3: I was bored in German class one day, and my teacher has model houses made by students. I looked at one and converted into a block style so that I could re-create in MC, and this is the result.
    Model house converted into MC.png

Build 4: Since I usually stick to a Medieval style, I wanted to try something different, so I looked for a picture of a clocktower and tried my best to make a build that looked similar to the real life version.
    clocktower thing.png

Build 5: A Very smol house, just put here at the end for a little laugh :p
    Smol house for the lols.png

Thank you for taking time out of your day/night to come look at my application! :l-lol:

nasfi, Mergu, Ms_Orihime and 3 others like this.
  2. Kozuta

Kozuta Space Cowboy

June 17th, 2017* My bad :p

nasfi, Hey Hyrule and Charles the Uzi like this.
  3. Kozuta

Kozuta Space Cowboy

Whoops I forgot to add an image of another house XD Man, I really need to remember to double check these things. house2.png

nasfi and Hey Hyrule like this.
  4. Mergu

Mergu Drowning Staff Member

Yes from me

nasfi and Charles the Uzi like this.
  5. ayden425

ayden425 @TheMelonGod

Hmm...
    I certainly do like you as a person, and I've had 0 problems from you, so you're great there. Your builds seem nice as well, although I'm not seeing much of any relevance to builds we'll need you to make as a builder... I do like them, and they are very nice!
    Gonna go ahead and give you a yes, but try to adapt to different building styles to accommodate the art styles of the Zelda(s) your builds may be themed of
    Make sure as well that you remain active! We gain many inactive builders!

nasfi and Charles the Uzi like this.
  6. Kozuta

Kozuta Space Cowboy

I've been attempting to adapt into being able to do more than 1 style quite well, but as with anything, it's definitely not the easiest thing to do yet, but I'm definitely willing to push myself to do well with this.
    As for activity, I'll definitely be quite active, as ZC has been a very great place to spend my time recently. I was inactive for like 2 or 3 weeks, up until early this month, but that's because I was taking some time away to play some other games I've been meaning to, but now I'm back into the groove of things here.

nasfi likes this.
  7. Mac

Mac Animu Chiald

Hmmmm...
    The builds you have shown here are fairly basic, I would like to see you try to work with more detail as you continue to develop your style. Also, the roofing of you builds needs a bit of improvement, arching the roof can make the entire build look a bit better. If you would also think about trying to build in other styles it would help your general building skills in the future.
    Personally, before I make my final decision I would like to see more of your work. Perhaps some terraforming or general landscaping if you happen to have any. Also, if you have any builds that aren't just houses or in a different style then mediaeval I would be happy to check it out. :3
    So from me, for now, it's undecided.

nasfi likes this.
  8. PicaroRob

PicaroRob Triforce Sage

I personally really like your build style, and that clock tower makes me ecstatic, for something basic. I give you a yes but you really should take mac's advice too.

nasfi and Hey Hyrule like this.
  9. Ichikuro

Ichikuro Bow wow. I am dog.

I would like to see as mac said, some terraforming. Or something along those lines. I'm on board for you joining the ranks otherwise!

nasfi likes this.
  10. Kozuta

Kozuta Space Cowboy

So, I've been working on tearing down a mountain for the past 2 or 3 days, and I think I'm happy with what I've got. Although I might touch it up over time. (Started working on it just for a personal side project, but this is another good use for it.)

Here's the aforementioned mountain before any work was done. (Apologies for the far, and off-centered location of it in the screenshot. It's because I took this screenshot when I first found the area, and don't have any better shots.)
    Inkedpre-terraform_LI.jpg

Here's a distanced shot of that location after I finished terraforming.
    post-terraform far shot.png
    Here's a shot taken closer to that spot.
    post-terraform close shot.png

This is the only terraforming I've gotten screenshots of, but it's better than nothing.

nasfi likes this.
  11. Kozuta

Kozuta Space Cowboy

I remembered about a build I started a while back, and thought I should add a screenshot here. It's the start of an attempt at remaking an area called Bravil from The Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion. Bravil.png

nasfi, PicaroRob, Ms_Orihime and 2 others like this.
  12. PicaroRob

PicaroRob Triforce Sage

Now THAT is impressive....

nasfi, Hey Hyrule and Kozuta like this.
  13. Ichikuro

Something I would also like to note. You have said to people before that you were planning to leave the server. What changed in such a small time span?

nasfi likes this.
  14. Kozuta

Kozuta Space Cowboy

Ah, right. I did. At the time, I just felt really bored with the server and that I wasn't doing anything productive. It was originally supposed to be like a week long break from the server, just to do some other things, but ended up going to about 2 or 3 weeks of not logging in. But as the reset was beginning to get closer, and some friends convincing me, I thought I'd give things another shot. Around when I decided to stop logging in every day, I was also in a bit of a emotional state. (Nothing relating to ZC itself, or any of the players) Around the time I was convinced to try getting on more again, I was also quite a lot happier than before. (And I still am)

To simplify, I had lost passion for ZC, and most things really, at the time, but now it's quickly come back to being one of my favorite places to spend time.

nasfi likes this.
  15. Ichikuro

Which is understandable. I just wanted clarification on that. Everyone grows weary of the same ol so to speak. Just want to be sure that if you get promoted, you won't disappear on us as others did.

I'm glad you got your life all cleared up too, as that is a lot more important.

Good builds btw. Curious what others will say in the meantime of this post. You have a yes from me for the time being

Last edited: Jan 25, 2018
    nasfi likes this.
  16. Mergu

Mergu Drowning Staff Member

i change my vote from a yes to a yes