Change

Mod Application

Discussion in 'Mod Applications' started by ayden425, Jul 4, 2019.

1. ayden425

ayden425 @TheMelonGod

So I was going to copy and paste an old Mod App and give it a little tweak tweak, but nah, I'ma rewrite this from scratch to show you this is genuine.

I'm Ayden St. Louis, 16 years old, you may or may not know me, but I've been on ZC for at least over 5 years now, maybe even 6. I've had two longer breaks from ZC, just now getting back from the second one, but in all reality ZeldaCraft has been my home in many ways. I've seen both the worst and the best of this place, and I know how ZC is like the back of my hand. I'm a very tech and computer nerd, I code programs to yell at me, and build super computers to run those programs. I consider myself a pretty good person, I find myself honest and truthful, and I'm confident in my ability to figure out complicated situations effectively and efficiently. Most importantly, I find myself ready to get back into ZC and moderate it like them good ole' days.

My qualifications for the position are as follows:

First and Foremost I've been a mod before. I know the ropes, I know the commands, and I know the duties involved. I know that moderating isn't always about facts and figures, I know that it takes some real problem solving, and that cases won't always be black and white. I know how to deal with these cases, no matter which of the 50 shades of gray it is.

To dive a bit deeper into the commands of it, here's a summary of what I know:

I'm very fluent in CoreProtect. I can inspect blocks, entities, animals, anything. I know how to search through hundred of chat logs to find evidence from certain situations, I know how to search by time, by date, by location, anything you could dream of, I can find it; I'm basically Minelock Holmes. I'm quick and easy to restoring items, builds, blocks, killed animals, and everything of the sort. CoreProtect is something that know very well, and something I use to its fullest.

While this isn't too relevant, and I won't be spending too much time on it, I would like to touch base on WorldEdit briefly. I'm very fluent in WorldEdit as well, and I've been dickin' around with that since way before I even dreamt of ZC haha. I can do all the stuff. Although, I'm pretty sure ZC uses generally uses FAWE, which is quite literally the same thing, just faster and less laggy.

I know the essentials commands pretty well, things like /invsee, /socialspy, etc. I know how and when to use these commands, for instance use /invsee to test if someone stole an item, or /socialspy to make sure people aren't talkin' about griefing, or whatnot. Essentials isn't too big of a tool in the mod toolkit, it's something to be mentioned.

I worked with Denizen for a long time, and I know how much it's utilized here. I've made countless and countless of scripts for this server and I've spent hours and hours working on them making them just right. I know the commands Denizen uses, and I know the scripts. I believe this shows my knowledge in a widely used plugin here in ZeldaCraft, and I believe it shows perseverance and dedication to this server.

Now, I know I've had a bit of a checkered past here at ZC, and I know everything that's happened. Best way I can address this, as cliche as it sounds, I've grown and I've learned from my past, and at my heart I love this place and I mean it no harm. To the current staff, I don't know quite all of you too well, but the majority of you are my good buddies; you know me fairly well, and you know I mean well. I know my past hasn't been great, but you give me this shot and I'll be damn sure you won't regret it.

All-in-all I'd love to moderate for ZC once again. This place has a special place in my heart, and to all of you who said I'd one day come back, ya' got me ;). I couldn't leave this place for too long, it means too much to me. I feel ready to be a moderator here again and bring back the ole' name of TheMelonMod. Thank you for your time.

nasfi likes this.
  2. nasfi

nasfi Soufla

I know you're fluent with CoreProtect, that's for sure. Though I wouldn't certainly say you're the Holmes of ZC, as that's kind of my spot :p

All and all, I've known you for years too, I still do, I've worked with you and you weren't bad to work with, you were very good. Though yes, as you said, you've had your ups and downs quite some times. I didn't like in particular the fact that last time you came back, applied, and as soon as you got it didn't even bother to get online or be active in general.

I am still debating on it, originally I was going for a no, now I'm heading going towards a yes, but I'm still quite unsure of my final decision. Other staff will have to decide on it. If they seem ok with it, I'll agree with them. I think people usually deserve a chance.

3. Neemfy

Neemfy Hylian Citizen

Yes from me, simply because you have experience and have been a mod before.

nasfi likes this.
  4. greenleeuw

greenleeuw Hylian Knight

Yes from me to same reason as neem

nasfi likes this.
  5. Ichikuro

Ichikuro Bow wow. I am dog.

As long as you arent hosting game shows in a random person's house ;p it's a yes from me as well