Change

Julian0555's Moderator Application.

Discussion in 'Mod Applications' started by Julian 0555, Jan 16, 2019.

1. Julian 0555

Julian 0555 Deku Scrub

My Minecraft username is "Julian0555" without the quotations.

I live in Sacramento, California and my Time Zone is (GMT-8).

I am currently 16 years old.

I want to be a mod because I was really invested in this server when I first joined. I just got back on after a long while and I fell in love with it all over again. I want to make sure the members in this server can get assistance when they need it, just like the mods have done for me plenty of times.

I used to run my own small server for me and my friends and I did try out the moderator commands.
    I know about, banning, temp banning, rollback, jailing (and all of their variables). /ban /tempban /jail /co rollback, and /co inspect.
    If I need to know about more I am fully willing to learn.

1. Someone's house has been griefed, what do you do?
    I /co inspect to find out who did it, use /co rollback to fix the damage, then ban the player depending on how much damage they caused.
    2. Some users are arguing, what do you do?
    Help the users solve the argument they are having. If someone after solving the issue, (or at least trying), decided to keep fighting back, I will either warn or mute said person depending on how they acted.
    3. A user is hurling abusive language at you, what do you do?
    Be straightforward with them. Tell them that if they don't stop I will have no choice but to mute and jail them for at least half an hour.
    4. Someone enters another person's house without their permission, what do you do?
    Tell the person that they need to leave this user's house. If they decide to ignore my words then I will remove them from the house, (teleport them). If they decide once more to not leave that person's area against their wishes then I will have to kick or jail them.

I really hope you consider me for the position.

[​IMG]

2. nasfi

nasfi Soufla Staff Member

Pretty nice from what I see. Although I'd like a 'ladder' that you say how many days a person's gonna be banned depending on how much blocks they griefed. I'm not going to give a solid answer yet because, like you said, you came back like almost 2 days ago from a long period of being inactive, just keep being active. I'd like to hear opinions from other staff members as well.

3. TravisTouchdown

TravisTouchdown Dori-Kin Staff Member

I'll give greenlight as well, altho I do have to agree with Nas 100%.

4. Julian 0555

Julian 0555 Deku Scrub

It's probably too late to give my thoughts on how long I ban people but thought I might as well anyways.

If the greifer in question only broke 1-10 blocks, and had no previous offenses, I would either let them off with a stern warning or tempban them for a half a day and give a warning.

If the griefer did in fact have some previous offenses I would definitely tempban for two days with a warning.

If they broke 11-20 blocks and have no previous offenses I would tempban them for one day.

If they break 11-20 blocks and have previous offenses then I would ban them.

If you think my consequences are too cruel or too weak then I would be willing to react differently in these situations.

5. nasfi

Permed for 20 blocks? Daaaamn that's harsh. Also it's not late to give your opinion. You could take a look in other mod apps of people who were/are mods and see how much they're doing the punishments, would give you the general idea of things

Julian 0555 likes this.
  6. Julian 0555

Julian 0555 Deku Scrub

I definitely see what you mean. Sorry about that, I should've given it more thought. I did look at some other applications and while they are quite different from one another I did end up scraping together a list that I am more comfortable with and that you might be more comfortable with as well.

1-15 blocks: Give then a warning
    16-30: blocks: Tempban for 3 hours (more/less if I see fit)
    31-45 blocks: Tempban for 1 day
    46-60 blocks: Tempban for 3 days (possibly more)
    61-75 blocks: Tempban for 7 days
    76-90 blocks: Tempban for weeks or a month
    91+ blocks: Permanent Ban

7. nasfi

That sounds pretty good