Change

It's finally here, the Nintendo Switch

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by oevertjes, Oct 20, 2016.

1. oevertjes

oevertjes Hylian Hero

2. TravisTouchdown

TravisTouchdown Dori-Kin

God, I hope the Switch will use Powerful hardware unlike the Wii and Wii U

Last edited: Oct 20, 2016
  3. ZeldaFan

ZeldaFan Hylian Hero

Strong enough to run breath of the wild for sure.

4. EmberDarkwood

EmberDarkwood God of Hyrule

The whole time I just imagined the theme from Apollo 11.

5. MasterofZelda14

MasterofZelda14 Hylian Knight

HYPE MAN, HYPE MAN, HYPE MAN, NINTENDO WAS ON TO SUMTIN!

6. Mark

Mark Admin Staff Member

I'm primarily a handheld gamer so this looks very promising but I'll reserve my hope until we get more details. My primary concerns are:
    - Will it have games that appeal to me (aside from the usual Nintendo staples)
    - Will the handheld feel nice to play on the go or will it be too big/clunky/awkward

ZeldaFan and PicaroRob like this.
  7. MasterofZelda14

MasterofZelda14 Hylian Knight

Well, if this is any consolation my Kindle Fire can hold 4 different console emulators and at least 5 roms for each and it only takes up half my data storage. The only issue is I don't have a controller XD. My brother plays on a Tablet computer and any console games on it don't lag. So my hopes for the Switch are high, if Nintendo's promises of technological innovation hold true.

8. LunaEostre

LunaEostre Fated Forerunner

Personally I think the Switch will completely destroy on the market, I mean just look at these:
    Wiiu's third party developers
    [​IMG]
    Switch's developers
    [​IMG]

Plus multiple large companies have been tweeting about how excited they are to work with its tech, so I think that says a lot about the amount of game variety the Switch will have.

Now onto the system's capabilities itself: To be honest I'm not sure if it's confirmed that it'll be able to run 4K+60FPS like the PS4 Pro and Xbone equivalent can but I know it's at least running normal PS4 power seeing that Skyrim HD's gonna be on it. Plus here's a nice screen of how BOTW looks different on it
    [​IMG]
    The lighting and shading look absolutely stunning on Switch (and its reveal trailer only ran at 24 FPS so the trailer doesn't quite show off the full beauty of BOTW), so I think that's a good sign it has a lot going for it

TL;DR My wallet is not enough Nintendo can have my hand in marriage

9. YukkiRose

YukkiRose King of Hyrule

so glad i didnt get a wii u

10. EmberDarkwood

EmberDarkwood God of Hyrule

IMG_2379.GIF
    Quite relevant, eh?

11. Konata

Konata Waifu

12. Schmischie

Schmischie Hylian Citizen