Change

Harry Potter Minecraft

Discussion in 'Advertising' started by Link2124, May 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Link2124

Link2124 Hylian Knight

I'm pretty Much going to whitelist everyone on Zelda Craft, especially mods. Without a doubt I'll do whatever you two need.

2. vayanui8

vayanui8 Senior Bracer

why not just make it public. the chances of anyone getting the ip without having it directly told to them a 1 in a million, and its much easier than making a whitelist

3. Link2124

Link2124 Hylian Knight

Because if I did that and some griefing user wants to get on the server, they could and they could harm it.

4. vayanui8

vayanui8 Senior Bracer

The chances of that are very minimal. What kinds of griefers would be able to get on from looking on a single website that isn't extremely well known. If you're really that afraid you could keep a backup as well, and core protect is good no matter what.

5. Link2124

Link2124 Hylian Knight

Well the thing is, say that a new user gets in and yes it can happen, and I don't mean people out of the sight. I mean griefers who make a Zelda Craft Forum account. Plus, I don't want griefing right now. But I will Whitelist you, vay.

6. Link2124

Link2124 Hylian Knight

And yet, they still can happen. I don't want random players on the server while we're building. It's safer this way to rid hackers as well.

7. werew12

werew12 King of Hyrule

DUDE AWESOME CAN I BE WHITELISTED I LOOOOOOVE HARRY POTTER MOVIES AND BOOK I EVEN HAVE HARRY, RON, DUMBLEDORE, AND VOLDEMORT'S WANDS IRL

8. Link2124

Link2124 Hylian Knight

Sure, in fact, the server may be started up today. :D

9. werew12

werew12 King of Hyrule

O,O ill be on this weekend if it is whats the IP

10. Link2124

Link2124 Hylian Knight

I literally mean we're setting it up RIGHT NOW, so in maybe 5 hours, we'll have it starting.

11. werew12

werew12 King of Hyrule

yea ill be on friday-late saturday night

12. Linked Dimentio

Linked Dimentio The Vanguard

i love harry potter, i hope this is good.

horcrux2007 and vayanui8 like this.
  13. Link2124

Link2124 Hylian Knight

And crap... our terminal computer is malfunctioning, and since we're leaving to the Grand Canyon next week, I may not be able to work it... may be a delay of 3-4 more weeks, sorry!

14. vayanui8

vayanui8 Senior Bracer

what os is it running, and what errors are you getting

15. Peter

Peter Meme Machine

lemme tell ya...

cool story bro... but it needs more zelda

16. Link2124

Link2124 Hylian Knight

?

17. Link2124

Link2124 Hylian Knight

We don't really know. It's having a problem with the terminal, my dad works with Linux all day, so he's an expert with computers.

18. Link2124

Link2124 Hylian Knight

Once again, I'm really sorry- I was looking forward to the server as well as all of you. :(

19. vayanui8

vayanui8 Senior Bracer

That's good. Linux is by far the best os for running a server. Hopefully it can be fixed soon

20. werew12

werew12 King of Hyrule

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.