Change

Gerudo race buff suggestion

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by Blue_MoonWolf, Jun 14, 2016.

1. Blue_MoonWolf

Blue_MoonWolf Hylian Hero

I know that I'm pretty much the only one who's ever used Gerudo as a main race, and not many people will ever care, but I'd like to suggest tweaking the Gerudo race benefit.

Being a Gerudo grants a 5% chance that you heal for one heart on a successful hit on another entity. I would like to suggest removing the one heart bonus In favor of the effect you get when you fill your hunger bar to restore health.
    I've honestly been thinking about this for awhile. Not because I'm he only one who uses Gerudo, but because new players don't even consider healing one heart of damage when they could, at the same 5% chance, Inflict Slowness (I, II, III) Poison (I, II, III) or Weakness (I, II, III), deal 60% more damage to a melee attack, or Ignore all damage for one hit (Faery, Hylian, and Goron, respectively).
    Granted that my suggestion would be pretty ludicrous If we were still In 1.8; but we aren't. I'd like to point out that spamming sword swings are no longer a valid technique on the server, and because of that, I'd say that the Gerudo race benefit has been drastically nerfed (even though It really wasn't as terribly useful as the other race's benefits In the first place).

To sum It up In short: replacing the 5% chance of gaining one heart back with the 5% chance of (quoting from the MC wiki,) "...health regenerates at (1 ([​IMG]) health point each 1⁄2-second, costing 1 food point (4 units of exhaustion) per point healed." effect.

Thank you for your consideration.

2. Mark

Mark Admin Staff Member

We are actively looking to improve PVP. The gerudo perk does seem a little weak. At the least I think it would be sensible to change it.

3. Blue_MoonWolf

Blue_MoonWolf Hylian Hero

Looking back on my suggestion, I probably should have been a little more modest.

When I posted this, I hadn't been In any good pvp matches since before the reset. Since then, I've been In matches that last three to four times as long as they would have pre-combat update MC. To counter my own point above that not spam clicking reduced the chance of activating the 5% chance effect, a good match will have the players going at It for a long time, and they will hit each other far more times than what I had originally expected. Basically, there's somewhat of a greater opportunity for the 5% chance perks to take effect In evenly matched fights.
    (disclaimer: I've done zero math work.)

I still think the Gerudo race perk should be somewhat strengthened, but not to something ridiculous like a five to six second health regen. Just enough for new players to be enticed by It, I'd reckon.

kenziebrown likes this.