Change

RuggedSurvivor's Builder Application

Discussion in 'Builder Applications' started by RuggedSurvivor, Jun 2, 2017.

1. RuggedSurvivor

RuggedSurvivor Deku Scrub

Hello ZeldaCraft folks. I would like to submit my application for the Builder rank. Just_Turk, who had a good look at my work, recommended I do this. I am pretty good with WorldEdit, and I have already pestered Luna, Turk, and Travis to do some WorldEdit for me here and there on the ZC server.

So, part of the reason that I came to your server was that I was interested in meeting other Minecraft builders who were also Zelda fans. Here are some things I have built in Minecraft that are Zelda themed:

A BotW Bokoblin I am working on:
    [​IMG]

A huuge master sword I am mostly done with, built with some assistance from another builder (TheRisingBlade):
    [​IMG]

Here is a scene with Skull Kid I made:
    [​IMG]

Here is a scene I built for a FNAF project I worked on in 2016:
    [​IMG]

And here is a ship I built in a few hours on the ZC server, to compliment the ship that Luna made. (It was her recommendation that I make another ship.)
    [​IMG]

Is there something you would like me to build for the ZC server?

I am happy to answer whatever questions.

Did I do this application correctly?

Thanks for your consideration.

2. LunaEostre

LunaEostre Fated Forerunner

3. DCaff95

DCaff95 Triforce Disciple

These are very impressive! you've got my vote

4. Tenshi

Tenshi King of Hyrule

I really like these builds but they all look like they're made using WE. can you share some without? I really like your building style and would like to just say that most zc builds are handmade with minimal WE use. I feel like you would have some neato ones

5. Mergu

Mergu Drowning Staff Member

I'd like to see some of your work on a smaller scale (not huge 3d pixel art) before casting a vote

Tenshi likes this.
  6. DCaff95

good useage of WE (shown here) is also a pretty great skill to have. a lot of builds actually use it.
    agreed, maybe a small village or the like, interiors even

Tenshi likes this.
  7. RuggedSurvivor

Hey guys sorry for not responding sooner. (Things have been a little crazy for me lately.)

As for using WorldEdit and not using it, yes I have been a little spoiled by it. I tend to build huge things more than not nowadays, and I usually rely heavily on WE. Something that I did not use WorldEdit on was the Bonnie in the FNAF scene I shared earlier. That Bonnie is at an angle that I could not use WorldEdit to do the copy-flip-paste that I normally do with huge builds. So I built that Bonnie block by block.

There are several buildings I made before I became familiar with WorldEdit. I made these two builds back in 2015 I believe:
    [​IMG]
    This little castle has a "challenge" which is basically a collection of redstone puzzles, riddles, hidden rooms and pathways, and a tiny bit of parkour that all lead to a final reward. (Players collect 3 answers, which are given on signs at the end of small puzzles and challenges. The 3 answers lead the player to the end reward.)
    [​IMG]
    This arena, which I built before I was good with WorldEdit, also has a lot of redstone. There are 4 "command centers" with a bunch of buttons that trigger dispensers, releasing things into the arena. There is a chamber underneath and a bit of redstone that allows the "challenger" to come up out of the bottom of the center of the arena. All the redstone lamps you see among the seats (there are 22) all connect to just one switch.

If you are curious to see more of the redstone-heavy creations of mine, then I should show you the obstacle course I built, although I did use WorldEdit to build it:[​IMG]
    This obstacle course race has 6 lanes and a ton of redstone. It determines what place each player gets. The obstacles are very random, but include, running from baby zombies, bouncing on pads of slime blocks, shooting targets to build temporary bridges, and (my favorite and the most unique "obstacle") corralling cows to press pressure plates.

One more thing I'd like to throw in here is this little "witch town" I made in 2015 for a Halloween project:
    [​IMG]
    There is a hidden entrance in the big tree (seen on the right side here) to a sort of secret base of the witches. All this is part of a story I came up with for a for-fun video I made for Halloween (you can find on YT). I wanted the houses to match the traditional/vanilla witch houses of Minecraft.

Anyways, I am not sure what you are looking for in a builder, but I imagine I could probably help.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2017
  8. DCaff95

wow! welp, I'm sold! you'd be great as a builder, just try to get on more to build all your awesome stuff!

9. Mergu

Mergu Drowning Staff Member

Great stuff, if not for the builds themselves but for the ideas. Very creative. Yes from me

10. RuggedSurvivor

Thanks DCaff and Gamerguy.

My absence in Minecraft is mostly due to or related to moving. I am preparing to move in the next couple of months, but last week was especially chaotic for me.

11. RuggedSurvivor

So the Builder rank kicked in. Thanks! Let me know what I can help out with. You already know I am pretty good at over-sized art pieces so if there is something like that you need I'd be very happy to work on it.

12. DCaff95

have a look in your inbox!