Change

Why don't we just sit down and relax?

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by nasfi, Mar 15, 2017.

1. nasfi

nasfi Soufla

I've come with a suggestion idea to add a little fun plugin to the server called "Chair-Stair", basicly what it does is that make's the player to be able to sit down in a stair. You won't have to put minecarts anymore inside the stairs and waste iron and time to get the chair right!

~nasfi

CommanderStatic and Tenshi like this.
  2. Banned_

Banned_ Banned

I personally don't think this would add too much, but it would be able to make builds a lot more useful such as houses, because if you can actually sit in a chair. It will make the "chair" furniture more useful. I like the idea of adding it, although there definitely could be more uses to it.

3. MasterofZelda14

MasterofZelda14 Hylian Knight

It would give Dungeon Designers more room for some experimental and creative idea's. I've grown bored of completing many of the dungeons over and over again, so it'd be interesting to see what people come up with.

4. DCaff95

DCaff95 Triforce Disciple

I don't see how having the player sit down on a stair block will lead to many dungeon ideas? XD

multiple people have suggested this in the past, we can absolutely do this with a script, however it seems like players will be able to sit on ALL stair blocks, seems like a non-issue, but may be a bit odd

5. MasterofZelda14

Here's one thing I've thought of: a game of "find the stair block". In order to progress you have to find the stair, which would normally be hidden, and finding it and clickin on it will allow you to progress to the next area. It doesnt use redstone, so it doesnt take up a lot of space, and it can be hidden better than a door, trapdoor, or ladder.

6. DCaff95

testing that the player is sitting requires more than redstone/ find the button/lever typically would tho :p

7. MasterofZelda14

You're talking about Command Block configuration, arent you?

8. nasfi

nasfi Soufla

i know a plugin as i sed that's called "Chair-Stairs" that when you press lshift to sit up you teleport to the possition that you were at the first place before you clicked it, also you cant sit on it if its with another block on top

9. MasterofZelda14

I know, I've seen it used before and played on servers using it. What I've proposed IS possible. Maybe will take some extra brain power, but possible.

10. Ms_Orihime

Ms_Orihime Hylian Hero

In my opinion, it seems like a lot more work than reward.

MasterofZelda14 likes this.
  11. DCaff95

not necessarily, but ideally. The setup is easier and cleaner to do with a script over messing around with invisible horses or the like. It's been suggested multiple times, and I think it was implemented briefly, I'd consider it being re-adding it if it's worth it.

12. MasterofZelda14

It would certainly cause a short burst of excitement.

13. Banned_

Banned_ Banned

I completely agree, but as I said above it would make houses and other server builds more "realistic" if you want to say. It most likely is a lot more work, but if we find a proper plugin that adds even more utilities that are better than just clicking to sit. It would eventually pay off.

14. Ichikuro

Ichikuro Bow wow. I am dog.

It's Not Like you have to completely program the main coding to allow sitting...

It's a simple plugin right?

MasterofZelda14 likes this.
  15. Mergu

Mergu Drowning Staff Member

johnny sits on a stair

johnny decides to use a homeset

johnny is stuck and needs a staff to unstuck

:(

this was the issue back when i tried to write a script for this. that being said, there may be a plugin that handles this.

EDIT: another reason we decided to disable is that to detect a player right clicking a stair, you have to detect all right clicks on blocks..... this fires super rapidly. a group of 5 or so players holding right click at the ground could effectively half tps. a lot of consideration goes into coding this stuff that you folks don't realize

16. DCaff95

Could have them manually type /sit while their cursor is on a stair block. And if we can, determine cancel /sethome or similar

nasfi likes this.
  17. xX_I_Squid_I_Xx

xX_I_Squid_I_Xx Hylian Hero

18. Banned_

Banned_ Banned

Or just have them type /sit and then have them right click a stair so it's easier

19. DCaff95

that unnecessarily complicates things, especially for the coder

Ms_Orihime and MasterofZelda14 like this.
  20. Banned_

Banned_ Banned

fair