Change

PVP Points

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by Halt19, Dec 24, 2017.

1. Halt19

Halt19 Hylian Knight

I feel like PVP points are a little bit crazy right now for many reasons. First of all, the cost for Thunder is insane. 2000 points?? I'm at around 1.5k and I lose a good 9-10 points at least whenever I die to pretty much ANYONE. Meanwhile, whenever I DO kill someone, I usually get 0 or MAYBE 1 back (usually 0, though). Like, I get that it should be hard, but this is just pointless, especially since it causes me so much stress whenever I'm around other players. Dying to another player becomes a huge problem when you want to keep grinding points for the ridiculous 2000 points, and it is a major setback because the only people who even give you pvp points tend to be people like Porky, decked out in the best gear and everything who JUST DON'T DIE- or, of course, the moment they get near death they just /home away. Then, you die to someone, and lose 14 points. Good luck getting THOSE back. I'd just like to be able to wander around spawn, or explore, or just DO things without always having to wear full combat armour out of fear that someone will shoot me and kill me and set me behind by like 50 kills worth of points. I just want to be able to hold a party where I can wear funny clothes or just show my skin without fear of losing a full days worth of pvp grinding. SO:
    I'd like it if we had a command that toggles your PVP status. You can't get or lose PVP points and you won't damage players when its on (though you can still whap them for the lols - it just won’t deal damage. IE -100 attack damage or whatever, and attacking with a weapon will disable it automatically and deal damage to you.) Also, let's fix the whole "You got 0 points/You lost 14 points" cycle. Maybe when both players have /pvp on, they gain or lose the same amount, or the loss is much less and the win is more. I get that it’s to avoid grinding on an alt account, but the way it is now is just insane. Please.

Also, maybe lower 2000 for thunder? 1500 sounds fair, and that's not just because I have it. It’s literally the only incentive to get points, and it’s nigh unobtainable, since those few people who DO go for it are in the same boat, and won’t give you the chance to get points off them - and who can blame them?

Last edited: Dec 24, 2017
  2. nasfi

nasfi Soufla

2000 points seem very good for a spell that can be also used to troll people, and in some safezones be used to hurt people. And also the "You got 0 pvp points" actually gives you one per time. You could always pay some people to farm them (as some people have already done to get a small boost). And if you dont want to lose 9-10 PvP points every time you fight people, dont fight people that you cant win against. Also Pork, Travis, Disney, Hugg, Journey, I, etc are one of the only people who have many PvP points that can actually give you about 10-27 pvp points when you kill them. I wear armor as well to not be killed, it doesnt do anything bad to you to wear almost every time armor. And you were the one who bragged about not getting killed while you were AFK on a PvP zone about a day or so ago. Just play it safe, and make some golden apples as well, those save lifes. Now you could make an area privatly to hold a party, so that you wont get killed by other people. Still though spawn is a PvP area, so I cant convince anyone to stop fighting or stop roaming around. Oh, and if you could whap people just for the laughs, that could tare down someone's armor. But the command sounds fun overall. The PvP system works dependable on how many PvP points you have, the more points you have, the more you lose when you die.

3. Halt19

Halt19 Hylian Knight

I checked a few times, and you do get 0 points when you kill and it says 0. Unless if it’s changed recently, I believe it’s still that way. The big thing is just that for those of us who don’t want to pay others to get the spell, who try to grind it legitimately, it’s extremely tedious and takes forever to get anywhere, and you lose an extreme amount of progress if you die once. Of course, you also become a target for anyone looking for a boost to THEIR points, and they have very little to lose, as even if you kill them 13 times before you die, they can still come out on top, assuming they give you ANY points. Also, the points you gain and lose cap at 14, not 27. I’d just like to be able to relax around spawn and around other players, wearing dyed leather armour for Halloween costumes and seasonal events, and just because when everyone wears nothing but full combat gear it takes up inventory space and just doesn’t look nice. At this point, I almost envy the people with no PVP points just because of how free they are.

4. Mergu

Mergu Drowning Staff Member

I think Mark mentioned the 2k pvp points to be a bug at some point, but he never fixed it.

5. nasfi

nasfi Soufla

No you dont get 0, you get one as you can see in that screenshot here
    upload_2017-12-26_21-8-27.png
    Also, if someone kills me I do lose about 15-27 points
    And spawn is a PvP arena/area. So you cant really convince anyone to not kill you on the most guarded and popular area of the server. Just wear your armor on spawn only. If you dont wanna die protect yourself

Marshall_Lee likes this.
  6. Halt19

Halt19 Hylian Knight

I don't mean to convince people not to kill me at spawn. I'm just saying that for events and other things, it would be nice to be able to have the peace of mind available to be able to remove full combat armour sometimes.

7. nasfi

nasfi Soufla

Yeah that would be nice, but on events it's when people are more active and online, then it's the chance to actually kill people. But it could just only be removed from skyloft I guess

8. Hey Hyrule

Hey Hyrule Deku Scrub

i know this isnt helping for halts problem, but what if using /afk would make you unable to be killed, because if you move with /afk on it disables so it wouldnt be a problem with using it as an advantage (and being afk killed sucks)

9. Mergu

*intense fight*
    *fighter runs away and types /afk*
    ???
    profit

*afk*
    *player yanks you with a fishing rod*
    *go un-afk*
    ???
    profit

*afk*
    *player pushes you 1 block over*
    *go un-afk*
    ???
    profit

*afk to avoid damage*
    *talk in chat*
    *go un-afk*
    ???
    profit

Mergu has gone afk
    Mergu has gone un-afk
    Mergu has gone afk
    [Mod] nasfi: banned for afk spam
    Mergu has gone un-afk
    Mergu has gone afk
    [Admin] Travis: why is this a thing
    Mergu has gone un-afk
    Mergu has gone afk
    Mergu has gone un-afk

nasfi likes this.
  10. ayden425

ayden425 @TheMelonGod

You're a god

11. EmberDarkwood

EmberDarkwood God of Hyrule

Was he ever not?
    Regardless, lots of people like PvP but at the same time the issue here is an overlying problem with the PvP Points system, right? Or at least how it's designed.
    What are the odds that the algorithm can be redone to cut down on drastic losses or edited to make a points gained/loss cap per kill (i.e can't gain more than 5 per kill and can't lose more than 5 when you die). Alternatively, if it's not like this already, make it so the points are taken from the loser's count. I haven't played in a while so I don't know if it is like this but still, if you lost 10 points the killer should get those 10.

12. Mergu

The ideal system would be:
    Player loses no points on death
    Small amount of points gained from killing monsters (with built-in antifarm)
    PvP points redeemable for special shop items

nasfi likes this.
  13. EmberDarkwood

EmberDarkwood God of Hyrule

If you're killing monsters, that's not exactly PvP points per se.

14. nasfi

nasfi Soufla

You're wrong. Please check the fifth post in this thread