There 10 Big Poes in total, all located in Hyrule Field. Collecting them is not essential, but is very useful as it allows you access to a bottle. In order for some of the Big Poes to appear, you must ‘trigger’ them by stepping onto or through certain locations. Note that the Big Poes can only be found in the future, when playing as Adult Link.
How to Trigger the Big Poes
The numbers here correspond to the numbers on the map, showing the locations of the Big Poes.
1. Look around the bushes and run accross them. The Big Poe should appear out of one these bushes.
2. Run right past the tree in order to make the Big Poe appear.
3. Run past the sign near the entrance to the Hyrule Market Town.
4. Run up the raised ledge that has fencing around it.
5. Start at the north of the wall and run south beside it.
6. Go right past the large rock to make the Big Poe appear.
7. There should be some bushes beside the tree, run through the bushes to reveal another Big Poe.
8. Run by the trees that are near the boulder, you should eventually make the Poe appear.
9. Run up the road past Gerudo Valley.
10. Run north up the path and run right past the right side of the lone tree.